Saturday, October 10, 2009

There are books?!?

So I'm a little more than halfway(I think the count is up to 30) through my goal of 50 books in a year and I need more! I thought I had enough to last me since I always feel like there's a ton of books on my shelf that I haven't gotten to. But sadly I think I've lost enthusiasm for most of them....and I have a lot less of them since selling a few large man sized amounts of them to make rent...it was a sad sad day.
Putting off reading the second in the Discworld series since I know I'll want to read the rest and I can't afford to buy them.
And I still haven't learned from the horror that was Doctor Who and the Invisible Enemy that old skool DW books are kinda....well let's just say I'm glad they're only a hundred or so pages. Love the Doctor...still haven't found a good companion book.

On the waiting list:
Fahrenheit 451
Lolita
Sandition/The Watsons
The Magician's Nephew(I'm reading it last cause I don't like Eustace and everyone says this is the best one and I want to leave the series on a happy note)

3 comments:

  1. What a great goal! I have some book recommendations for you. I'm not exactly sure what you're into, but Eat Cake by Jeanne Ray is a really great read. Her other books are fun, too. Also, I've been reading books by Harlan Coben - mysteries that are fast-paced and sharply written.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great goal and something I haven't ever thought of! I think will have the same goal! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's an amazing goal--it makes me so proud to know other people love to read as much as i do.

    i have fahrenheit 451 if you need a copy!

    p.s. the stuff you knit is sooo pretty. i've got some books on it, but have yet to try anything outside of crocheting a granny square.

    and i really like your pictures--you're cute!

    ReplyDelete