Monday, November 14, 2011

in which I recycle for nostalgia

I don't get to go to the library as much as I want to, mostly cause I constantly forget to return books, cause I'm bad at setting deadlines for myself.
But excuses aside, I love libraries. And do not like that library cards are no longer the way to mark when something's due. I don't know about other cities, but here in Chicago, we now get receipts. Really? Receipts. I lose those in the bottom of my bag and under my bed when tossing them out of my pants.
I miss library cards.
So, this happened!
I bought t some recycled, multi-colored library cards and made these cute-sy bookmarks. Inspired by Hogwarts house colors (if Hogwarts was more pastel).
Here they are!
The cards are from Knot & Bow, which has so many cute things, it took a lot of will power not to buy half the things on there.
Step 1: Trim them down to what seemed like a good "bookmark" width. Luckily, that just so happened to be enough so you can still see all the important bits.
 
Step 2: Punch some holes!
 
Step 3: Add ribbon. I also used a little fabric glue to keep the parts where the ribbon attached together and sturdy.

No comments:

Post a Comment